Orland Park Firm Handles Divorce and Other Family Law Matters
Accomplished attorneys respected by peers and professional colleagues
Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the country’s best law firms concentrating in family law, The Palmisano Law Group delivers outstanding advice and representation to Illinois clients.
The right lawyer has the experience to serve you effectively
For more than 45 years, our Orland Park firm has provided supportive and effective family law counsel to clients in Cook, Will and DuPage counties. Our lawyers have the skill and experience, honed over decades of legal practice, to achieve successful results in all types of family law cases, including the following:
- Divorce — The right legal guidance during a divorce can help you overcome a difficult time and start the next phase of your life on a positive note.
- Child custody and visitation — In child custody and visitation matters, our attorneys seek creative ways to help parents establish a supportive environment and maintain strong bonds with their sons and daughters.
- Child support — Whether you’re dealing with a child support issue for the first time or require assistance with a modification or enforcement action, our lawyers will advocate for an appropriate resolution.
- Spousal maintenance/alimony — Officially referred to as “maintenance” under Illinois law, alimony can cause serious conflicts among divorcing spouses. We assist both paying and recipient parties in negotiations and litigation over post-divorce payments.
- Property distribution — When parties in a divorce cannot agree on a property division plan, the judge decides what is fair based on numerous factors. In these situations, our attorneys work to secure a favorable outcome for clients.
- Post-divorce modification and enforcement — During post-divorce proceedings where a former spouse seeks to modify or enforce an existing order, we gather the relevant information and press to obtain the outcome our clients seek.
- Protective orders — During matters involving allegations of domestic violence, our firm represents parties in civil proceedings where judges decide whether to issue a protective order.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — Through the careful drafting of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, we give prospective spouses and people who are already married the ability to protect themselves financially if their relationship ends in divorce.
However simple or complex your particular family law concern might be, we offer determined, compassionate, cost-effective counsel to help put you in the best possible position to move forward.
The right lawyer goes the extra mile for you and your family
It is more than diligence and attention to detail that sets The Palmisano Law Group apart from other firms. Our willingness to make the extra effort enables us to secure excellent results for our clients. While we strive to settle disputes amicably, we are also prepared to engage in trial and appellate litigation when going to court is necessary to achieve the outcome you seek. Our goal is to provide you with superior legal services by keeping you fully informed of the status of your case and clearly outlining the applicable laws and your legal options.
The right attorney weighs every detail of your case
At The Palmisano Law Group, our attorneys understand that because no two families are exactly alike, every family law case is unique. We know that your case will involve specific challenges and complexities that demand personal attention. Our firm employs precise systems and procedures to develop the facts of your case so we can present legal arguments persuasively and advance your goals. Firm Principal James A. Palmisano has earned top ratings from numerous publications and professional groups, including an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of his legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with his work, and is rated in the top one percent of lawyers practicing in the area of family law by Best Lawyers. Partner Jennifer L. Clancy was named to the Top 40 under 40 by The National Trial Lawyers organization, and Roland Ernst, of counsel to the firm, has practiced law for more than 30 years. Whether you are facing a divorce, a legal separation or a paternity action, the accomplished family lawyers at The Palmisano Law Group are dedicated to achieving the best possible results for you.
Contact the right family law firm serving Orland Park, IL and vicinity
The Palmisano Law Group offers prospective clients a one-hour consultation. In this initial meeting, you can talk to an attorney about your specific family law issues and get pertinent feedback about our services and how we may be able to help. Call The Palmisano Law Group today at 708-966-4311 or contact us online to schedule your consultation.